Central Site Washington Fall Cleanup
Held at Yard Waste Center, Waste Water Treatment Plant
1065 West Buchanan St.
Saturday, October 21, 2023, 7-11a.m.
For City residents only, please bring ID or copy of your water utility bill.
Residents are asked to please stay in your vehicle.
Dispose of the following:
- General junk (small loose materials need to be put into cardboard boxes, no bags)
- Bulky furniture items such as couches, mattresses, box springs, recliners – free
- Appliances – ($5 fee)
- Electronics – free (except for TVs & Computer Monitors – they are $15) Computers & accessories can be taken to Goodwill for free.
- Lawnmowers & lawn equipment must be gas and oil free for disposal
***Purchase stickers at City Hall for appliances and TVs or pay in cash at the cleanup site. ***
(No checks or credit cards taken at site).
We will not accept the following items:
- Household garbage not allowed
- Household hazardous waste
- Hazardous materials such as but not limited to explosives, drugs, materials soaked in volatile chemicals.
- Tires & waste oil
- Construction materials
- Concrete, brick, and rock
- Latex paint (this is not hazardous material, and if paint is dried, cans can be disposed of in regular garbage)
- Lawn mowers and lawn equipment that are not gas and oil free
- Items from outside of Washington City limits
- This is not a curbside cleanup. Items left on the curb without proper fees will be subject to penalty.
The City will assist with special pickups of appliances or TVs for those unable to bring them to the site for an additional $5 fee per item. Contact City Hall at 319-653-6584 by Thursday, October 19 to schedule a pick-up. Please have items ready for pick-up at your curb by Thursday, October 19.