Washington Fall Cleanup
Held at Yard Waste Center, Wastewater Treatment Plant
1065 West Buchanan
Saturday, October 26: 7am-11am
For City Residents only, please bring copy of your water utility bill.
Dispose of the following:
- General junk (small loose materials need to be put into cardboard boxes, no bags)
- Bulky furniture items such as couches, mattresses, box springs, recliners -free
- Appliances- ($5 fee)
- Electronics -free (except for old box-tube TV’s & box-CRT Computer Monitors- they are $15) Computers & accessories can be taken to Goodwill for free.
***PURCHASE A STICKER AT CITY HALL FOR APPLIANCES, BULKY ITEMS AND OLD TV’S, OR PAY IN CASH THE DAY OF THE CLEANUP*** (No checks or credit cards taken at site)
We will not accept the following items:
- Household garbage
- Household hazardous waste (contact Washington Co. Recycling Center 653-6373)
- Hazardous materials such as but not limited to explosives, drugs, materials soaked in volatile chemicals.
- Tires & Waste Oil
- Construction Materials
- Concrete, Brick and Rock
- Latex paint (this is not hazardous material, and if paint is dried, cans can be disposed of in regular garbage)
- Items from outside of Washington City limits
The City will assist with special pickups of appliances for those unable to bring them to the site, for an additional $5/appliance fee. Please contact City Hall at 653-6584 by Thursday, October 24 to schedule a pick up.