The City Hall- Police Building Project is substantially complete as of October 2020, and staff is moved into their final locations. This was the completion of nearly 8 years of study & planning, 4 separately let capital projects, and over $6 million in public & private investment on the Municipal Campus. The projects have provided vastly improved public facilities and many ancillary benefits, including blight remediation and community beautification.
The City of Washington has applied to the Iowa League of Cities for an All-Star Community Award for this fantastic project. Information on that program can be found at: https://www.iowaleague.org/Pages/AllStarCommunityAwards.aspx.
Please see below for additional information on the project.
For information specific to the Fire Station construction project, please visit: https://washingtoniowa.gov/city-of-washington/fire-station-project-progressing/
- Our Story- Washington's Municipal Campus
- Finished Facility Pictures
- Municipal Campus Spin-Off Projects
- Council Resolution Endorsing All-Star Community Award App
- 200915 Field Observation #15 WCHPS
- 200901 Field Observation #14 WCHPS
- 200818 Field Observation #13 WCHPS
- 200804 Field Observation #12 WCHPS
- 200706 Field Observation #11 WCHPS
- 200618 Field Observation #10 WCHPS
- 200602 Field Observation #09 WCHPS
- 200416 Field Observation #08 WCHPS
- 200303 Field Observation #07 WCHPS
- 200226 Field Observation #06 WCHPS
- 200204 Field Observation #05 WCHPS
- 200107 Field Observation #04 WCHPS
- 191212 Field Observation #03 WCHPS
- 191203 Field Observation #02 WCHPS
- 191119 Field Observation #01 WCHPS