Washington County Legislators and Senators:
Legislative Quick Links:
Contact Government Relations Chair:
Michelle Redlinger [email protected]
About the Washington Chamber of Commerce Legislative Committee
The Chamber of Commerce’s Government Relations Committee helps to plan and implement Legislative Briefings and Candidate Forums. We encourage legislative action that promotes business growth, local economy and strong communities. We are a non-partisan organization and do not endorse any candidate nor are we a part of the US Chamber of Commerce.
- Gain a voice in government. The chamber is a non-partisan organization but can take on appropriate tough issues and opposes new regulations, taxes, fees, assessments and costs directed at small businesses. It also helps protect the principles of free enterprise and aids businesses in being treated fairly.
- Candidates Forum – in the fall for contested local races
- Legislative Briefings – four sessions offered from February – April: 2nd Friday from noon – 1pm
- Legislative Agenda – the Chamber will consider advocacy support for projects that support our business community
- Letters of Support from the Chamber of Commerce can have a huge impact when your business is facing critical issues or applying for grants and outside funding
Interested in learning about the Candidate Forum for Ward 2 City Council that was held on January 30th? View the links below:
Legislative Briefings February – April 2023