Washington County Legislators:
Legislative Quick Links:
Contact Government Relations Chair:
Michelle Redlinger [email protected]
About the Washington Chamber of Commerce Legislative Committee
The Chamber of Commerce’s Government Relations Committee helps to plan and implement Legislative Briefings and Candidate Forums. We encourage legislative action that promotes business growth, local economy and strong communities. We are a non-partisan organization and do not endorse any candidate nor are we a part of the US Chamber of Commerce.
- Gain a voice in government. The chamber is a non-partisan organization but can take on appropriate tough issues and opposes new regulations, taxes, fees, assessments and costs directed at small businesses. It also helps protect the principles of free enterprise and aids businesses in being treated fairly.
- Candidates Forum – in the fall for contested local races
- Legislative Briefings – four sessions offered from January – April, third Saturday of the month from 10am – noon
- Legislative Agenda – the Chamber will consider advocacy support for projects that support our business community
- Letters of Support from the Chamber of Commerce can have a huge impact when your business is facing critical issues or applying for grants and outside funding
Washington Chamber of Commerce is pleased to provide Washington County residents the opportunity to share their views with state lawmakers that represent Washington County during a series of four public forums during the Iowa legislative sessions.
Monthly legislative forums are held virtually via Zoom from 10:00 am- 12:00 pm on the third Saturdays of January, February, March and April. Legislators will provide a brief update followed by open Q&A moderated by Chamber Executive Officer, Michelle Redlinger. The Chamber is currently seeking sponsors for this event, contact the Chamber for more information.