Washington County Legislators and Senators:
2024 Washington County Legislative Briefings
Join us on February 9th over the lunch hour for a discussion with Senator Dawn Driscoll and Representative Heather Hora. The event will take place at the Washington County Hospital & Clinics, entrance 26.
Guests can expect a complimentary chicken or salmon meal provided by WCHC and will have the opportunity to ask questions and voice their concerns.
11:30am: Doors Open
Noon: Briefing Begins
1:00pm: WCHC facility tour
Businesses interested in sponsoring a date will receive an opportunity to speak at the briefing, host lunch and give a company tour. If you are interested in hosting these briefings, please contact Michelle Redlinger at 319-653-3272 or [email protected]. Sponsorship to host is $500, plus providing a light lunch.
Legislative Briefings 2024
About the Washington Chamber of Commerce Legislative Committee
The Chamber of Commerce’s Government Relations Committee helps to plan and implement Legislative Briefings and Candidate Forums. We encourage legislative action that promotes business growth, local economy and strong communities. We are a non-partisan organization and do not endorse any candidate nor are we a part of the US Chamber of Commerce.
- Gain a voice in government. The chamber is a non-partisan organization but can take on appropriate tough issues and opposes new regulations, taxes, fees, assessments and costs directed at small businesses. It also helps protect the principles of free enterprise and aids businesses in being treated fairly.
- Candidates Forum – in the fall for contested local races
- Legislative Briefings – four sessions offered from January – April
- Legislative Agenda – the Chamber will consider advocacy support for projects that support our business community
- Letters of Support from the Chamber of Commerce can have a huge impact when your business is facing critical issues or applying for grants and outside funding