Washington IA — your go to place for a day of relaxing and photographing.
- Start downtown on the historic square and take a walk. Look up at all the building facades, notice the doorknobs, walk into the court house, notice the building across the street with mail slots in the doors, walk down the alley. You will find two murals behind the library.
- Take a break in central park and enjoy the Centennial Fountain. When you sit and observe you will notice the pattern changes in the fountain. It’s a wonderful place to grab a lunch to go and eat in the park or sit outside at Dodici’s.
- Don’t miss the State Theatre. It’s wonderful inside and out. If the door is open go in and have a look. Someone will tell you about its history.
- Go inside the Library. Take a few photos from the 2nd floor. Beautiful view of the downtown.
- After lunch take a walk through an historic neighborhood. The houses on the Boulevard at Washington street is a wonderful walk through history. The brick street takes you to Sunset Park.
- Take a walk in this park and enjoy the master gardeners work up by the log cabin. You will enjoy seeing children playing on the New Dawn play equipment or hear swimmers in the local pool. Lots of space to explore.
- If you are still up for walking take the Kewash trail. Always lots of nature to see right on the edge of town – prairie grass to Hayes Timber.
- Planning on staying the night? Wonderful! Check out the live music going on in town. The fountain at night is a must see.
- On Thursday nights it’s farmers market and band concert all in central park. So grab your camera and come spend some time in Washington IA.