My name is Ashley Stout and I am the artist at the center of River Bottom Hill Co.
- I love trees so much I turned them into a jewelry line. I make tree pendants and earrings. Each hand formed frame holds a tiny wire tree with gemstone leaves. I also make larger framed trees, which I call groves. They range from 2 to 12 trees in an appropriately sized frame. These are sun catchers or home décor items. My eye-catching tree sculptures are 3-D wire trees that stand from 6 inches to over 36 inches tall. They are hand twisted from aluminum or copper wire.
- I teach how to make 3D trees at the LET’s Center for the Healing & Creative Arts, where you can sign up for classes in all manner of artistic endeavors from painting to cooking to stained glass. Check out their Facebook page for all the fabulous crafting you could try!
- I sell my trees locally at our wonderful Farmer’s Market on the Square over the summer months. There are also craft shows in Washington: the Saturday of the Summer Classic the first weekend in June, the Washington Fall Craft Show in September, and several holiday shows and bazaars during the Christmas season. In Washington County, there are several craft shows in Kalona, Riverside, and Wellman during the year.
- If you’re visiting our lovely town, I recommend taking a tour of the Mills Seed Co Building. Terry and Sandy are super fun tour guides that know their history (and have cool antiques and architectural salvage). For food, go to Dino’s, where you can have a delicious pizza or traditional diner food. If you’re antique hunting, go to Boxcar Treasures. Carol and Jodie have 3 locations full of wonderful treasures waiting to be discovered.
- My trees are always for sale (or just for ogling) on my website
- Find out where I’ll be or what I’m making currently on my Facebook
I hope you enjoy your visit to Washington!